CINCINNATI CHRISTMAS STREETCAR FOOD TOUR
- Adult Ages 11+
- Child Ages 6-10
Ho Ho Ho! Join us on the Cincinnati Christmas Streetcar Food Tour
Whether you are looking for a family outing, a couples get-together or a reason to call your favorite friend, this is an excellent opportunity to come downtown, ride the streetcar and enjoy the festive lights and delicious bites of Cincinnati.
The Cincinnati Christmas Streetcar Food Tour is guaranteed to fill you with good cheer, plenty of seasonal food and “memory making” fun! Isn’t it nice that we do all the work so you can just sit back and enjoy?
From Thanksgiving to Christmas, it’s Downtown Dazzle time in Cincinnati and what better way to see and taste your way through the city than on a Riverside Food Tour!
Pull out the Christmas sweaters and Santa hats and make plans now! This special holiday tour has tickets left on Saturday Dec 16th and Sunday 10 and 17 at 1:00pm.
We gather at 12:45pm on Fountain Square in front of the Tyler Davidson Fountain. Come early or stay after if you want to join in the fun on ice skating/bumper car rink!
Our first stop on the tour is March First, a brand new brew pub on Fountain Square. We’ll enjoy a basket of warm pretzels with homemade beer cheese. Note: Hathaway’s Diner closed abruptly.
Next we step inside a Scottish Pub for a dish of bangers and mash. This hearty dish will warm your belly. We’ll walk to the streetcar station and take a ride to historic Findlay Market. The market is a feast for the senses, especially at Christmas time. There, we’ll enjoy a delicious piece of cheese and a chunk of Christmas Fudge. Next is an authentic Belgium waffle, made with a rich batter and filled with butter and chunks of Belgium cane sugar.
Next is a German dish. We’ll enjoy a sandwich of goetta, egg and cheese at Eckerlin’s market, the oldest German meat market in town. This sandwich was named by USA Today as the best breakfast sandwich in the country!
Or we’ll ride the streetcar south to Washington Park. We’ll walk three blocks to a modern day beer garden for a sampler plate of German fare.
We’ll return to the streetcar platform to ride to Fountain Square for one more treat! Once a year, the best peppermint stick ice cream comes to town and you don’t want to miss it!
Make sure to make a reservation ahead of time for the Fountain Square ice skating rink and bumper cars at My Fountain Square.
- Visit 3 neighborhoods with a friendly local guide who will share the history of the city with interesting stories and fun facts. Our guides are certified tourism ambassadors who love our city!
- Dine at a variety of unique restaurants and enjoy the history of the local establishments. All food is included in the ticket price and provides a filling meal.
- See and hear stories about Washington Park, Music Hall, and the history of Over the Rhine.
- Experience multi-story murals throughout the tour and ride the streetcar.
- Stroll through Findlay Market and enjoy a tasting from one of the many vendors.
- Receive a food guide with a streetcar map, list of restaurants and advice from a friendly guide.
- Our promise is to fill you – both mind and body!
- Meeting/Ending Point: Meet on Fountain Square, 520 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. We will gather in front of the Tyler Davidson Fountain.
- Parking: Use the Fountain Square Underground Garage. There is an entrance off Vine Street or Walnut Street.
- Gratuities: Gratuities for your guide are not included and are much appreciated.
- What to Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, weather-appropriate clothing (an umbrella if needed).
- Distance: The Cincinnati Christmas Streetcar Food Tour is a city tour that begins at Fountain Square and continues north to Findlay Market. We stop at Washington Park and walk 3 blocks west to our fifth eatery. Afterwards we return to Fountain Square on the streetcar for our final tasting. We cover a lot of ground. With the aid of the streetcar, the total walking distance is less than one mile over the course of 3 hours.