Our most popular tour is offered Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat! Experience a 3 hour city tour on the Cincinnati Streetcar. Enjoy local dishes at downtown restaurants, Over the Rhine and Findlay Market.
ROEBLING BRIDGE FOOD TOUR COVINGTON, KY
- Adult Ages 11+
- Child Ages 6-10
The Roebling Bridge Tour ~ Enjoy spectacular views and a progressive lunch!
How would you like to see beautiful views of the Cincinnati skyline from the other side of the Ohio River? The Riverside Licking Drive neighborhood is a little known gem full of local restaurants and spectacular views. On this lunchtime tour, we walk upon the Roebling Suspension Bridge to the first pier, stroll past million dollar historic mansions on a beautiful tree lined tree lined street. We enjoy sit-down dining in a variety of five unique businesses. Our relaxing Roebling Bridge food tour is seasonal and only lasts through September, so don’t wait to book your tour.
We begin in front of Molly Malone’s one of the oldest buildings in Covington KY. There we enjoy our first tasting of fish and chips and a small draft beer inside an authentic Irish Pub. Next we visit a restaurant named after one of Covington’s baseball players and known for their smoked meats. We may dine outdoors at a NY style bagel shop or outside at Covington Yard, a fun outdoor play yard. We may stop for a creamy dish of upscale mac and cheese at a restaurant known for their many varieties. Have you heard the fairy tale the Three Billy Goats Gruff? It’s the namesake of another popular restaurant known for hearth baked pizzas. We end at Blinker’s Tavern for the best bread pudding in town!
With so many local restaurants to chose from, we promise you won’t leave hungry and you will be amazed at the history and architecture on this tour! The tour includes dining at 5 local restaurants plus a 3 hour guided tour by one of our friendly local guides.
- Visit 5 locally owned restaurants where we sit down and dine, no grab and go. Enjoy 4 savory dishes, one small craft beer and dessert.
- Walk on the Roebling Bridge for a panoramic view of Cincinnati.
- Learn the history of the founding of Covington and the Roebling Bridge with the use of old photos.
- Stroll through the Licking Riverside neighborhood and hear the stories of the first citizens who built the magnificent mansions we walk by.
- See the history of Covington unfold before your eyes as we share the history of the 2 story mural flood wall along the south banks of the Ohio River.
- Receive a food guide featuring a list of restaurants and a detailed description of the murals, plus advice from a local guide who knows the city.
- Our promise to leave you full – both mind and body!
- Meeting/Ending Point: Meet outside Molly Malone’s Irish Pub and Restaurant located at 112 E. 4th Street, Covington Ky 41011.
- Parking: Street parking is free on Greenup Street south of 4th Street. Or there are a public lots directly across the street from Molly Malone’s.
- What to Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, weather-appropriate clothing (an umbrella if needed). Bring a water bottle for hydration in warm weather.
- Distance: 1.5 miles – we rate this tour as physically moderate if guests wish to climb two flights of stairs to the Roebling Bridge.