Enjoy dining at the best local restaurants in the heart of downtown.
- Adult Ages 11+
- Child Ages 6-10
Experience the Best Food in Covington, KY’s German Village
If you’re looking to explore Convington’s Mainstrasse Village and savor some of the delicious local fare, you won’t want to miss this tour! We’ll visit five locally-owned restaurants and even meet a few of the owners and chefs.
You’ll enjoy handcrafted specialty pizza, German pretzels with beer cheese, charcuterie, coffee with homemade desserts, plus various authentic Kentucky dishes. And you’ll love the beer and wine offered!
During our stroll through the neighborhood, hear the history of the German immigrants who settled in Covington and the creation of this charming village.
We’ll visit a 100-foot tall Glockenspiel in Goebel Park and visit the town plaza showcasing the Goose Girl Fountain. We’ll walk under a tree-lined plaza learning the origins of this historical village, the demise, and the revitalization.
You’ll also receive a food guide, a list of restaurants with coupons, plus advice from a local guide who knows the city. Our promise is to leave you full – both mind and body!
- Meeting/Ending Point: Meet in front of our first tasting location, Piper’s Cafe, 520 West 6th Street, Covington, KY 41011.
- Parking: From I-75 or I-71, take the Covington 5th Street exit 192. Turn right onto Main Street. Next, take a right into the River Haus Public Parking Garage on the corner of 5th and Main Street. Street parking is free on Saturday.
- What to Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, weather-appropriate clothing (an umbrella if needed). Bring a water bottle for hydration in warm weather.
- Distance: 1.25 miles – we rate this walk as easy due to the level surfaces, tree-lined streets, and park benches.
- Bring your own face mask. The city of Covington has a mask requirement for all public indoor settings. It is a personal decision to wear it outdoors. It is not mandatory outdoors.