Our most popular tour is offered Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat! Experience a 3 hour city tour on the Cincinnati Streetcar. Enjoy local dishes at downtown restaurants, Over the Rhine and Findlay Market.
CINCY TOP 10 ‘SITES AND BITES’ CITY TOUR
- Adult Ages 11+
- Child Ages 6-10
Experience Cincinnati’s Best on a Morning Tour
Visiting Cincinnati? Our family friendly Cincy Top 10 Tour is for you! We get off to an early start so you have the rest of the day to enjoy the city.
This is a 3 hour guided city tour which also includes 5 dishes that Cincinnati is famous for. We use the streetcar and we walk over the course of 3 hours. This tour includes 2-2.5 miles of walking, so make sure to wear your comfy shoes! We tour downtown Cincinnati from the Banks of the Ohio River to Findlay Market.
We begin our tour at the best known waffle restaurant in Cincinnati where we enjoy our first tasting. Next, we take in the view of the Ohio River and beautiful Smale Riverfront Park.
Before our eyes is the iconic Roebling Suspension Bridge. This bridge was the predecessor of the Brooklyn Bridge and is the most photographed site in Cincinnati. As we approach the National Underground Railroad Freedom Museum, there is a piece of history that’s too good to miss.
Next it’s time to hop aboard the sleek Cincinnati Streetcar as we head to our second tasting. Cincinnati Skyline chili dogs are a steamed dog and bun, smothered in chili with mustard, onions and cheese. We love them and so will you!
Next we stroll to the heart of the city: Fountain Square. The centerpiece is a public work of art – refreshing to look at and to taste. Speaking of refreshing, it’s time to cool off with our third treat. The oldest ice cream company in town.
Right across the street is our next site, the beautiful 1920’s French Art-Deco Carew Tower. We’ll learn the story behind Cincinnati’s ‘city within a city’.
We visit the Back Stage entertainment district and learn about the Contemporary Art Center. If it’s open, you can return later because it’s free all day!
Back on the streetcar, we head north to Over the Rhine. We are crossing into little Germany now and we don’t even need a passport! Next we walk a block west to another beautiful 8 acre park. This park is bordered by the magnificent Music Hall which has a haunted past.
It’s time to catch the streetcar for our final stop at Findlay Market, the oldest urban outdoor market in Ohio. The Market is filled with Cincinnati local favorites. You cannot visit Cincinnati without trying goetta. Never heard of it? Good, we like surprises. Finally, every tour ends with a sweet treat!
Our lovely adventure through the Queen City has come to a close. We will happily return you to our starting point or, now that you got the lay of the land, you can continue on your own. Either way, your local guide will be happy to share additional tips or answer any questions, so you can carry on with confidence!
PLEASE NOTE: Findlay Market is closed on Monday so alternate tastings are provided.
*Visit 5 neighborhoods with a friendly certified guide.
*See and hear about the Roebling Bridge, Smale Park, Great American Ballpark and a piece of the Berlin Wall.
*Visit Fountain Square, and view the Carew Tower in the heart of the city. See and hear stories about Washington Park, Music Hall, and the history of Over the Rhine.
*Experience colorful multi story murals throughout the city and the free art exhibits that you can return to.
*Stroll through Findlay Market and enjoy a tasting from one of the many vendors. Since Findlay Market is closed on Monday’s, we enjoy the tasting of goetta at Taste of Belgium Bistro.
*Enjoy a Belgium waffle, Skyline chili dog, Graeter’s best selling ice cream ~ Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip, a sweet treat from one of 3 local Cincy favorites, and German goetta.
*Receive a food guide with streetcar map, list of restaurants and advice from a local guide who knows the city.
*Our promise to leave you full – both mind and body!
- Tours Days: Monday through Friday mornings
- Meeting/Ending Point: We meet at 9:45 AM outside the Taste of Belgium Bistro at the Banks at 16 West Freedom Way, Cincinnati OH 45202. Please note: there are multiple locations for Taste of Belgium. Make sure you have the correct location.
- Parking: Do not park on the street. The meters are 2 hours max. Instead, the Central Riverfront Underground Garage is very convenient to our meeting point. There are multiple entrances such as 182 Race Street or 102 West Pete Rose Way , Cincinnati, OH 45202.
- What to Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, weather-appropriate clothing (an umbrella if needed). Bring a water bottle for hydration in warm weather.
- Distance: Approximately 2 – 2.5 miles total walking. We cover a lot of ground.
- Handicap Accessible: The streetcar is accessible, but due to the distance of the tour, we recommend a motorized wheelchair or scooter.
- Please note: Vegetarian dishes are available. We cannot provide special treatment for guests who are vegan, need gluten free, lactose free, lo-carb foods or those with nut/food allergies, Celiac disease or diabetes.