Our most popular tour! Experience a 3 hour city tour on the Cincinnati Streetcar. Enjoy local dishes at downtown restaurants, Over the Rhine and Findlay Market.
- Adult Ages 11+
- Child Ages 6-10
Taste a variety of ethnic dishes in Over the Rhine
Are you a foodie who loves to try new dishes? Over the Rhine, a restored historic neighborhood in downtown Cincinnati, OH, has a huge selection of diverse locally owned eateries. This 3 hour walking tour is the perfect way to explore the neighborhood while enjoying a progressive lunch.
We begin our culinary journey in beautiful Washington Park, where the heart of Over the Rhine congregates. Here at the northern edge of Cincinnati, we’ll share a brief history of the German immigrants who built this neighborhood from the ground up. Learn why Music Hall is said to be one of the most haunted places in the country and visit the site of the original Miami Erie Canal and stroll past story high murals depicting famous persons and events in Cincinnati.
With so many places to choose from, our restaurants may vary from tour to tour depending on their availability. So we may begin with Hawaiian-inspired steamed bun filled with a delicious BBQ, a glass of bubble tea, Thai chili spiced noodles, a Japanese savory pancake or a Mexican street taco. Other unique tastings may include an authentic Philly Cheese steak, an Argentinean empanada, or a slice of NY style pizza. We feature French macarons that are out of this world! We conclude our urban adventure at a Lebanese restaurant for a sweet ending and a cocktail.
A Riverside Food and Culture tour is led by a friendly local guide who is a Certified Toursim Ambassador. You’ll be entertained with stories about the history, art and architecture of the city.
From centuries-old buildings to new businesses opening every day, this tour will expose you to several modern-day artisans, from designers to shop keepers as we stroll up and down Vine and Main Street. By the end of the tour, you’ll have some amazing photos in front of iconic buildings and landmarks, an insider’s local knowledge of the food and drinks scene, and the scoop on where to shop to find the most unique handcrafted items. Plus our promise ~ no one leaves hungry after our tours!
- Dine at unique locally-owned restaurants famous for their international dishes. Enjoy a handcrafted cocktail.
- Begin in Washington Park and learn about Music Hall and the history of Over the Rhine.
- Learn the history of Vine Street, known as the “Paris of America,” the German brewing heritage and the effects of prohibition.
- Stroll past dozens of locally-owned boutiques and get advice about our favorite places.
- Experience the multi-story murals throughout the neighborhood and learn the history of these public works of art.
- See a neighborhood full of beautiful churches and Italianate architecture from the mid-1800s.
- Receive a shopping guide with the list of restaurants, plus advice from a local guide who knows the city.
- Our promise to leave you full – both mind and body!
- Meeting/Ending Point: NW corner of Washington Park. We gather at the corner of 14th and Elm Streets across from Music Hall. Address: 1390 Elm Street, Cincinnati OH 45202
- Parking: The Washington Park Garage is directly east of Music Hall. There is an entrance from Elm Street which runs north and an entrance from Race Street which runs south.
- What to Wear: Comfortable shoes and casual, weather-appropriate clothing, an umbrella and a water bottle for hydration
- Distance: 1.5 miles total walking